Talk is cheap — that is why we are now officially live and blogging!
As we continue on our journeys and explore living a #grainfree #sugarfree life while also working our high intensity “day jobs,” we invite everyone to follow along. There will be highs and there will be lows (we do not think we need to go into detail on that point — just trust us, when it is low, we are very low indeed). But through it all, we intend to make the #grainfree #sugarfree life more attainable for anyone.
And, since we have chosen Valentine’s Day weekend as our inaugural post, we will of course share our way of getting around that pesky sugar in man’s favorite V-Day gift: chocolate. (Also, let’s face it: if we can give you #sugarfree chocolate, this lifestyle becomes that much more realistic!)
So here it is: our #sugarfree chocolate recipe. The key: do not eat the whole tray, by yourself — unless, of course, you do it with a bottle of wine or liquor of your choice!
NUT BUTTER HONEY CHOCOLATE
- 1 cup coconut oil – expeller pressed or refined if you don’t want a coconut flavor (try this one)
- ⅓ cup nut butter of your choice (we recommend peanut butter or almond butter, but make sure they do not contain any added sugar)
- ⅓ cup honey (our favorite right now is Nature Nate’s raw honey)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (make sure there is no added sugar)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (like this)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, optional (vary based on how salty you like your chocolate)
In a small saucepan over low heat, combine coconut oil, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients – cocoa powder and sea salt – and blend well with a whisk until creamy.
Pour chocolate mixture into a glass try or mini muffin pan or silicone candy molds (you can really do any shape you want).
Place chocolate into freezer until solid, then pop out of the pan.
Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate. (Since the chocolate contains coconut oil it will be a little melty if left at room temp.) Or, you can leave it in the freezer for a rainy day!